(Vatican Radio) Pope Francis on Friday received in his Audience His Eminence Cardinal
Angelo Amato, S.D.B., Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints.
During the meeting, the Holy Father authorized the Congregation for the Causes of Saints to promulgate the Decrees concerning:
- the martyrdom of the Venerable Servant of God Teresio Olivelli, Laity; Killed in hatred of the Faith on January 17, 1945;
The heroic virtues of the Servant of God, Antonio Giuseppe De Sousa Barroso, Bishop of Porto; Born on 5 November 1854 and died on August 31, 1918;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Joseph of Jesus López y González, Bishop of Aguas Calientes and Founder of the Congregation of the Maestro Catholic Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus; Born on 16 October 1872 and died on November 11, 1950;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God, Agostino Ernesto Castrillo, Bishop of San Marco Argentano-Bisignano, of the Order of Friars Minor; Born on 18 February 1904 and died on October 16, 1955;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God James of Balduina (Benjamin Filon), professor priest of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchins; Born on 2 August 1900 and died on July 21, 1948;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God, Mary of Angels ( Giuseppa Operti), professed monk of the Order of the Barmen Carmelites and founder of the Carmelite Sisters of Santa Teresa of Turin; Born on 16 November 1871 and dead on October 7, 1949;
- heroic virtues of the Servant of God Humility Patlán Sánchez (Mary), Sister of the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception; Born March 17, 1895 and died on June 17, 1970.
|All the contents on this site are copyrighted ©.|